Sunday, July 24, 2016

Nine Patch Courthouse Steps


I pulled this beautiful quilt from the frame recently. The client who expertly pieced it had fallen in love with a quilt from a magazine, and purchased the matching fabrics so that she could make it just like the picture. 


The applique border was treated with echo quilting, which I found to be very fun to do. The courthouse steps blocks received cross hatching in the central nine patch, and serpentine waves alternating with diamonds in each of the 'steps.' I followed the quilting suggestions from the magazine to make this quilt as close to the original as possible. 


I love this little quilt, and was imagining one made in subtle autumn colors such as this color palette entitled 'Culinary Autumn' from Design Seeds, inspired by a photograph from Instagrammer _ewabakrac. 

My dream for this quilt, would be to recreate it with these colors, and to have autumn leaves, pumpkins, and acorns appliqued around the border. It's just another quilt to add to my quilty bucket list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping among the groves. Please feel free to share any thoughts, comments or tangent ideas. I would love to hear your point of view and make every effort to respond via e-mail to you.